Elise always has something on her needles. Watch her progress on models for The Busy Needle, as well as on her own projects and designs.

Monday, July 7, 2008

If I were to do one again...

If I were going to make this sweater a second time I would not lengthen the sleeves, but I would definitely keep the additional length on the sweater. I would also try it in a different yarn.

While I really like the Berroco Love It and the pale yellow is a perfect Spring-Into-Summer and Summer-Into-Autumn sweater, I'd also like to try this sweater in Berroco's Linen Jeans in black so I could wear it in winter over a turtleneck, maybe with black slacks.

I think it would also be gorgeous in a white linen yarn (just a bit thicker, obviously, than Reynold's Soft Linen) to wear during chilly summer evenings. While the spring, autumn and winter versions are okay over t-shirts and turtlenecks, I might like to make this summer version a size smaller so I could wear it over a very light weight sleeveless dress. But that's another project.

In the meantime, I'll photograph the sweater for the blog as soon as it is finished.

No comments: